Friday, November 14, 2008

Still on earth, just busy!

Wow, I haven't blogged in several weeks! time flies when you're dragging your feet! Truth be told, I have been busy and not busy. Motivated and not.

Today I tore into my sewing room to reorganize and toss stuff I haven't touched in years. Gone was all my tole painting books, dried up paints, old instructions and project sheets, magazines, etc.. I am in my quilting phase for good and will not be returning to painting forever(?) ... hard to say.

When we moved into this house 5 years ago, I wasn't sure how to organize this room. In went a love seat and a matching chair... this house did not have a family room and so we had to put it somewhere. The photo I have not yet taken because I am washing the sofa slipcover will show that there is a nice sitting area with a TV cabinet and built-in book shelves. Nice, but I'd rather have the room to set up my Hinterberg frame which sits in pieces waiting for me to make the big move and get rid of the couch and chair!

The built-in cabinets in the room and throughout the house are well done, really nice. But I just stuffed things in them 5 years ago and now that I am retired, I am committed to going through the house and reorganizing the junk that got 'temporarily' tossed into all the cabinets. That project will take me a long long time, cuz I have to be motivated to subject myself to such a distasteful project. I started with my sewing room 'cuz the mess it was in was keeping me from working in it. Ergo, I have not sewed in weeks. Clutter, dust devils, disorganization, yuck, who'd want to work in that environment? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Once I have this room in order I will be able to sit and work in it again without sneezing my head off from all the dust and devils. Then I will finish the baby quilt and camp quilt started oh so long ago. Speaking of the baby, of course I do have a photo or two to share. Biased or not, this child is cute cute cute!





Until next time, take care everyone. 
Bonnie

1 comment:

Janis said...

You are right...she's cute cute cute. And here's wishing you success in your cleaning and organizing project. No fun but so worth it. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.