Sunday, July 19, 2009

Why oh why??

I have made some dumb mistakes lately in my quilting, but nothing to match what I did today. I am literally sick over it. I worked diligently to create the Roman Holiday block as perfectly as I could. I lost focus several times while paper piecing and put the fabric strip on backwards, or, used the wrong color to make up a unit. I caught those and ripped 'em out and fixed 'em. Kind of disgusted that I zoned out while doing those.

BUT, the biggest dumbest mistake I made was only discovered after I took a picture of it. Take a look and see if you see what I did wrong. You may not know what this block is supposed to look like, but I'm gonna bet you can see what I did wrong. Question is, should I rip it out or just leave it? What do you think? Leave a comment, okay?

Here is what a correct Roman Holiday block looks like. You will certainly be able to see the difference. Perhaps I will have a new block named after me? Shall we call it BB's No Holiday block?


On another note, I am quite pleased with my Best of All block. Here it is.


Two more blocks to go - a Carolina Lily and a Stars and Cards block. There are also the sunburst quarter circles to finish too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Looks perfectly symmetrical, but, what do I know. After studying it like one of those mazes that have a secret hidden image, I did notice that the points don't quite match the corners. No biggie, no one would notice that unless you pointed it out.

From,
Your non-crafty daughter--you know who!

Barbara Black said...

I love it just the way it is--it looks sharp and dynamic!

Bridget473 said...

I'm voting "leave it" -- and love it! It's beautiful!

Melissa G. said...

Bonnie, I LOVE your "new" block! It is so striking and unique!!

Franceslovesfabric said...

Bonnie,
I was looking at it and couldn't figure out what was wrong. It wasn't until I read farther down and you put in the block that it should look like. I think it is up to you. I like it the way it is but if it bothers you every time you look at it, then you should change it. If it doesn't bother you, leave it.
Frances

Gone2Pieces said...

So you went to Tuscany first and enjoyed the wine! It's a fabulous piece of piecing! Leave it! Now, your quilt has it's own identity instead of being like all the others who took the class! Hooray for you!

GmaTerri said...

Leave it!! Who says it has to look like all the rest? I think it's beautiful. Did you learn to make better seams during construction? Is it 12.5"? Don't sweat the design differences.

Terri